26 December, 2006

Visitors to Tasmania..

Back in October Tasmania's population increased by 2 for 2 weeks. My parents decided a few weeks back that for their 70th Birthday, they would travel to Tasmania for a Holiday. My Father had been to Tasmania when he was a Teenager, but My Mother has never been here. They were so excited at coming across Bass Strait, as was I, for I had not seen them since the beginning of January 2006 back in South Australia.

On one very unseasonally warm day, my Parents arrived in Burnie flying in from Melbourne. I said I had turned the heat on for them, as it had been very warm back in Melbourne and in South Australia.

I couldn't believe that they were both in Tassie here with me, but here they were. It was so good to see them again.

I had to work during their visit, but I made time to take them out touring this wonderful State. They travelled on a Coach Tour around Tasmania for a week on their own, as I could not have time off work.
I have never seen them so happy when their Tour finished in Burnie a week later, for they had the most wonderful time seeing such varied and beautiful sights and scenery ever.
I had them stay in Tullah twice during their stay, and twice it snowed for them. Like me, they rarely see snow falling, but to see snow falling around the house, and to see the mountains snowcapped, was a most enjoyable moment for them. ON their last drive from Tullah to Burnie, we drove through falling snow, to see them both so excited like kids at Christmas, was an absolute joy!
My Parents still talk about their Tassie trip to anyone who is within earshot .. ;-)

A trip once thought of many times, was now a reality, and well worth the effort to come across Bass Strait!!

I am so glad they made that trip, for the mystery of explaining Tassie to them is now a reality. They can see, feel and experience Tassie in their mind now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Strahan, Tasmania Forecast Click for Burnie, Tasmania Forecast