11 February, 2007

Distance and Friendships

Sometimes when Friends are not close by, we feel as if distance is the medium in which we feel disconnected from them.
This disconnection would be a great challenge if it were not for the Internet, and Mobile communications today.
My dear Friends I have in my life, are only as far as this computer screen, or a simple sms from their Mobile phone, and sometimes a chat on the Landline Phone.
Its a simple medium, but one that allows our Friendships to continue.

What is a Friend?
it can conjure up many answers this question, but I feel that a True Friend is one that has Integrity and Honesty, and values you as you are.

Also I do believe that a True Friend can be connected to you on a far deeper level, where distance is no barrier, greater than an email, stronger than an SMS message. I feel that when you connect with someone, a deep Universal connection is made, and no matter where each of you are, your connection is only a thought away. It transcends all that we know of today, for wherever we are at any one given time, a deep loving thought will instantly be with your Friends.

To my Friends out there, wherever you are right now, my thoughts and love are with you now.
Distance is no barrier to True Friendships.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay,

I like your perspective on friendship, particularly that true friends are only a thought away. Thanks for that one.

Makes it a bit easier to bear when a dear friend keeps his distance and silence for unknown reasons. Perhaps one day, he'll come around.

Life may be short, but the future still holds its mysteries and promises.

Wishing you all the best,
J.

6:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Strahan, Tasmania Forecast Click for Burnie, Tasmania Forecast