22 July, 2006

Time Out!!

The Front yard at South Yarra.

When I made the decision to move to Tasmania, I could not have imagined the sudden unexpected events to happen. I knew that moving to a new State, a new Home, a new Job is a challenge in itself. I had already done that when I moved from Adelaide to Melbourne in 2002. I had already resigned and was on my last few days at Work, I had packed up most of my possessions, organised transport to get me and my "stuff" to Tassie, and generally saying Goodbye to places, faces, and habits of old.
I was so not prepared for teh sudden loss of my beloved pets, Olly & Mikey. I was preparing my self for teh final Goodbye to Max, our Dog who was to stay in Melbourne, which I knew would be a hard enough time. But to suddenly lose my Pets so close to each other.
I was in deep sadness for my Olly, then heartbroken again when my Mikey also died suddenly. I was taken back to a time when I made the decision to leave the Farm, to create a new Life for myself. On that day my Old faithful Companion, Ben, Half Kelpie half Beagle Dog, died in my Room. I buried my beloved Companion and then drove off to my new life. What a day that was, a huge range of emotions was experienced from excitement, to deep sadness.
Now I had those same feelings again in South Yarra a few days before I left for Tasmania. All those questions come forth again, Am I doing the right thing? IS this a mistake? Should I stay? Was my decision to leave upset Olly?
I decided to go for a long walk with Max, and let all these questions be answered!



Well, I am in Tasmania now, and if I had listened to myself, I would not be here today, relieved that I had made the right decision.

Life & death are a part of our Journey, we are on this Wheel of Life and everything that is created, will end at some stage, and that includes our Animals, and us mere Mortals. We are only here for as long as our Journey lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Strahan, Tasmania Forecast Click for Burnie, Tasmania Forecast